Waiting on Wednesday #68

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...
Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley

Publication Date: May 10, 2016  
Publisher: Dial Books
Reading Level: Young Adult
Sixteen-year-old Solomon is agoraphobic. He hasn’t left the house in three years, which is fine by him.

Ambitious Lisa desperately wants to get into the second-best psychology program for college (she’s being realistic). But how can she prove she deserves a spot there?

Solomon is the answer.

Determined to “fix” Sol, Lisa thrusts herself into his life, introducing him to her charming boyfriend Clark and confiding her fears in him. Soon, all three teens are far closer than they thought they’d be, and when their facades fall down, their friendships threaten to collapse, as well.

Why I Am Waiting  

I readily admit that I do not read as many books about mental health as I should, which is sad because I value books that tackle sensitive subjects with ease and respect. This book appeals to me because not only is it attacking mental health, but it is taking a look at agoraphobia--a phobia that is not often thought about and touched upon when debating mental health. I have not read any Whaley books in the past, but something tells me the second I start with this one I am immediately going to go back and rampage through his backlist. This looks so good and unique! 

Update: I have read this book since creating this post, and I can honestly say the anticipation and awesome American cover is so, so worth the story inside its pages. I cannot wait for this book to be unleashed on the world!

Are you equally as excited for this book as me? Is there another book you are even more excited about? Please share your thoughts with me below! 

2 comments:

  1. That's new to me! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed this one <3

      Delete