Waiting on Wednesday #69

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...

Publication Date: April 19, 2016
Publisher: Razorbill
Reading Level: Young Adult
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online community of fanfiction writers, world-class nobody at Melville High. Her best (read: only) IRL friends are Avery, a painfully shy and annoyingly attractive bookworm, and Ruth, her pot-smoking, possibly insane seventy-three-year-old neighbor.

When Scarlett’s beloved TV show is canceled and her longtime crush, Gideon, is sucked out of her orbit and into the dark and distant world of Populars, Scarlett turns to the fanfic message boards for comfort. This time, though, her subjects aren’t the swoon-worthy stars of her fave series—they’re the real-life kids from her high school. Scarlett never considers what might happen if they were to find out what she truly thinks about them...until a dramatic series of events exposes a very different reality than Scarlett's stories, forever transforming her approach to relationships—both online and off.

Why I Am Waiting

I think this book has a super unique and intruiging premise, which is what makes me so excited for it! Furthermore, I feel like many book bloggers can relate to Scarlett somehow because we use our blogs and other online forums to talk about our interests and lives. Sure, I seem to have a slightly better off reality than Scarlett Epstein over here does, but that doesn't mean I don't love my ability to escape into the Internet every now and then. I know I won't be able to read this book until I get back to the states, but that doesn't mean I'm not ridiculously excited to do so!

~*~*~

Are you equally as excited for this book as me? Is there another book you are even more excited about? Please share your thoughts with me below!

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Not really my type of read but hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then perhaps it is worth giving a try to discover something new ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will be lots of fun to read!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such an interesting read and I've been eyeing it every since I first heard about it! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete