Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I am so excited about this week's topic because it is giving me something fun to talk about on the blog!1. Buzzfeed- I spend a ridiculous amount of time bouncing around Buzzfeed when I am bored. It is such an amazing source of viral entertainment, but at times it even covers important news!
|Disclaimer: All logos in this image were taken off of Google Images. I do not own them.|
2. Pogo- I also like to play games. Something like six years ago my sister and I discovered this website, and whenever we are bored we often find ourselves on it. There are weekly challenges towards badges, so it is something mindless to do when we are in the mood!
3. The New York Times- I also spend a lot of time on this website because I am a news junkie. I end up reading articles that teach me so much. I think this habit started my freshman year of college because my school happens to get free copies of the newspaper. It's just kind of spiraled from there!
4. Twitter- This is super self-explanatory. Twitter is love, Twitter is life.
5. Facebook- I was never a big Facebook person, but I find myself spending a lot of time on it now that I am in Europe. Facebook is still a huge thing here in the UK and people use it the way it was used when it was first created. I see myself continuing this when I am back in the states because I have so many friends to keep in touch with despite the ocean between us.
6. All Recipes- I also really like looking for vegetarian friendly recipes that aren't heavy on the tomatoes! Sure, I often send them to my mom begging her to cook them for me, but I am going to make more of an effort to cook some for myself this summer!
7. Etsy- Okay, sure. I typically end up on Etsy looking for book related things, but the website is not about books so I am putting it here!
8. Netflix- I also got re-addicted to Netflix during my time abroad. I just find myself to be so exhausted after travel that I can't pick up books, so I binge a ton of shows instead.
9. YouTube- I use YouTube mostly for music. I haven't properly explored streaming sites like Spotify yet, so I often put on a song I like and just hop through the "similar to" videos and find new songs that way. It means this is a near constant fixture that is open on my desktop.
10. Instagram- When I first got Instagram, I really hated it, but I have grown to love it and for the second half of my study abroad I have even resolved to post at least one picture a day. I find it to be a great way to explore virtually. I am finding food places I want to go, destinations I want to visit, things I want to do, and cool people to talk to that comment on my photos with similar feelings. I am a fan!
Do you use any of these websites? If not, do you think any sound fun? What are your favorite non book related websites? Don't hesitate too leave your thoughts in the comments below!