July Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
July literally flew by! To the point where my Dad and I forgot to buy my August train pass because we looked up and were like, "oh...August starts on Monday." It's just crazy. It's been way too hot, leading to a lot of headaches on my part (I am such an old lady!), so I didn't get as much reading in as I would have liked, but I had a good month all the same. The exhaustion is real though. All too real.

Books Reviewed:
The Deal by Elle Kennedy - 5 stars
The Score by Elle Kennedy - 4.5 stars
The Mistake by Elle Kennedy - 4 stars
The Graces by Laure Eve - 1 star

Books Read These 2 Months:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
26. The Score by Elle Kennedy (eBook: 361 pages)
27. The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid (ARC: 403 pages)
28. Arabella of Mars by David D. Levine (Hardcover: 350 pages)
29. Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer (ARC: 391 pages)
30. Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones (eARC: 437 pages)

    DNF's of the month 
    1. None
    Total Pages Read This Month: 1,942 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 8,161 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 30
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 0

    Discussion Posts:
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • My Aunt bought tickets for us to see WAITRESS as a belated birthday present to me. We both adored it and I died of laughter and even teared up at one point. This was definitely an amazing show to treat as my first Broadway performance since returning from Europe.
    TV:
    • Big Brother is still controlling my summer as it has for the past several years and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. However, will that be sooner than usual with this upcoming fall?! I hope so! Pull a Survivor and have 2 seasons a year, please! (Also, get rid of Bridgette, Da'Vonne, and Michelle because they all annoy me. Okay thanks, bye).
    • I am an idiot that didn't realize The Challenge: Rivals III was on air so I binged the season and I am so ready for the final episode next week! I want Bananas and Sarah to win because they're working together the best, but dang, I hope nobody takes the prize for themselves. It would really disgust me if they did. Also, I want Jenna to come in second because I am sick of Vince blaming her for failures when he's decently sucky at times too. 
    • I am currently obsessed with The Great British Baking Show. Stay tuned for more information about that when the time comes!
    • I've been religiously watching anything on Nickelodeon for work, so many shows I can't name them all. What an amazing network to work for <3 Passing out while watching The Splat every night is making my nostalgia go on full blast.
    Movies: 
    • I saw The BFG and I freaking adored it. Like, quoted the book out loud while characters spoke obsessed. Mark Rylance did amazing and adapting one of my childhood ultimate faves to screen was so, so amazing. It is everything I didn't know I wanted.
    • Shortly after seeing the aforementioned movie, I also saw Finding Dory in a double movie day due to rain. I NEED A BABY DORY IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW! Again, the nostalgia was real and I adored this movie. Was it better than the first? No. Let's be honest, it would be impossible to top that. But was it well worth the money? Yes.
    • My Dad rarely comes to the cinema with me, so it was a big deal that he saw Star Trek: Beyond with me. It was super enjoyable, but not as good as its predecessor in Into Darkness. It felt like there was a plot that they took actual scenes out of because the movie was already long enough, and it was missing something because of that. So sad, but true. But the action sequences were amazing and Bones was a serious standout!

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    2/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    11/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
    • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi 
    • The Graces by Laure Eve
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
    • Arabella of Mars by David D. Levine
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    10/16 Completed
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
    • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 
    • The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy
    • Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    11/12 Completed
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    4/6 Completed
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    1/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
        Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

        3 comments:

        1. Ahhh, I didn't know you watched The Challenge!! This season has been a little crazy(but then again, it always is) and I'm so excited for the last episode! I've been rooting for Bananas and Sarah since the beginning and really hope they take a win.

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Same! But I am so worried that Bananas is going to keep the pot for himself. I hope not, but he's definitely thinking about it which is scary in and of itself!

            Delete
          2. He was acting shifty in the last episode, so I'm definitely worried about it too. I'm just glad that Sarah has one point over him for now.

            Delete