June Monthly Recap


~*~On The Blog~*~
June has been an intense month for me. I started 3 different summer jobs and have slowly been getting into the groove of things. I am loving Nickelodeon and Tor, but I am not loving the constant exhaustion that comes with commuting. Living in the heart of a major city in Europe for 5 months has seriously spoiled me. I think my sleep is still recovering over a month later, and unfortunately this blog has suffered. However, I managed to read a decent chunk this month, so things will be picking up again!

Books Reviewed:
The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 4.5 stars
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare - 3.75 stars
Books Read These 2 Months:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
20. The Graces by Laure Eve (ARC: 352 pages)
21. The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ARC: 368 pages)
22. 738 Days by Stacey Kade (ARC: 432 pages)
23. Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige (ARC: 384 pages)
24. The Deal by Elle Kennedy (eBook: 342 pages)
25. The Mistake by Elle Kennedy (eBook: 296 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None
    Total Pages Read This Month: 2,174 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 6,219 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 25
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 0

    Lili's Travel Diary:
    • I only got one travel diary up this month because I was so busy, but it was my foodie guide to London! I hope you enjoy!
    Discussion Posts:
    • I took a moment to talk about First Day Anxiety when it comes to a new job. I have had many a first day at this point, and my anxiety is always in full swing the first week. I've come to accept this, and, in some ways, even view it as a positive aspect of who I am! 
    • It is currently convention season and I haven't gone to any this year. I decided to talk about it, and I've realized that I'm not as jealous as I used to be!
    • This isn't a proper discussion post, but I did a post about the top ten series I can't wait to binge and I kind of love it, so I'm sharing it again!
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I haven't seen any this month since it's been a huge adjustment being back, but I've got tickets to see one at the end of July and I am so excited to get back into the swing of things!
    TV:
    • The best thing ever happened and that is the return of Big Brother. I am so into the cast right now because it's a decent house so far, even if Jozea and Paul are absolutely bonkers. This is my favorite show, so I am so happy it is back!
    • The Bachelorette premiered in June and I watched the first two episodes and then gave up. *sigh*
    • I'm still watching RuPaul's Drag Race. I just finished season seven! I am excited to start season eight.
    • I've been religiously watching anything on Nickelodeon for work, so many shows I can't name them all. What an amazing network to work for <3
    Movies: 
    • I haven't seen any movies this month because of the whole adjusting to being back thing...thankfully that'll change in July!

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    2/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    8/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
    • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi 
    • The Graces by Laure Eve
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    8/16 Completed
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
    • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 
    • The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    11/12 Completed
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    3/6 Completed
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    1/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
        Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

        No comments:

        Post a Comment