Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do After Reading

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I adore this topic, and I had so much fun putting this list together!

1. Travel- I first read 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson during the one summer I spent at sleep-away camp. I recently satisfied this dream by spending 5.5 months in Europe, but it's now a dream that will never truly be satisfied. I always need more.

2. Run a marathon- Reading Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally made me want to learn how to run in general, not just run a marathon. It would help if my coach was a really cute boy, though.

3. Shoot a bow and arrow- I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins for the first time in middle school. I realized I desperately needed to shoot a bow and arrow if I ever wanted a chance to survive a zombie apocalypse because ya girl is defenseless. Plus, Katniss is freaking awesome.

4. Learn to paint- When I read When We Collided by Emery Lord, I was overcome with the desire to learn how to paint. Art is such a beautiful way to express yourself and get your emotions out, and I have not an artistic bone in my body. Perhaps when I have a job one day I'll take a painting class or two.

5. Talk to ghosts- I am firmly in camp "ghosts exist" and after I read The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot I realized just how much I'd love to talk to nice ghosts instead of the freaky ones that scared me in The Tower of London when I was 12.

6. Wait in line for a midnight release- I have never done this even though I am a dedicated fan in several different fandoms. After reading the novella Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell, I realized just how badly I want to do this one day!

7. Own a magical coat- I think this is a dream that we all share after reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.

8. Solve a crazy political mystery in Washington DC- The Fixer series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes made me want to become a hardcore detective and save the world. I like adventure more than I realize. ;)

9. Explore a desert- I've wanted to spend an evening in the desert for years after I did just that years ago during my birthright trip to Israel. Unfortunately, I was super sick, and I want to be able to properly appreciate it. After reading Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton my desire to visit a desert ignited ten fold.

10. Ride a horse- I have ridden a horse a few times when I was younger, but The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater made me want to experience the bond between horse and rider so badly. Perhaps I'll try again one day.

~*~*~

I had so much fun putting together this list, which proves how much reading can truly impact our lives. Do we have any book inspired dreams in common? Don't forget to share your lists below so I can be inspired to explore more things!

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you on #5, but yeah, nice ghosts. None of the vengeful kind. Loooooved the Mediator series sooooo much!! It was my go to read as a teen!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete