August Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
August has been a really emotional month for me. I got some really good news, some super frustrating news from my school (thankfully I've taken care of this), and some not so great news, too. We had to put my cat down a few days ago and it's been really hard for me because he's been my fur baby for almost 15 years. On a positive note, I've had a ridiculous amount of books read this month. Like, way more than I have managed in a single month in the past 2 years. Crazy happy to be back in the groove to the say the least.

Books Reviewed:
Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi - 4 stars
Game On by Michelle Smith - 4 stars
The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson - 3 stars
Stealing Snow by Danielle Page - 1 star

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
31. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson (Hardcover: 679 pages)
32. Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley (ARC: 368 pages)
33. My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier (ARC: 320 pages)
34. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat (eBook: 268 pages)
35. Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover: 320 pages)
36. Game On by Michelle Smith (eARC: 328 pages)
37. Beast by Brie Spangler (ARC: 336 pages)
38. The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover: 368 pages)
39. The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover: 320 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None. I will say I picked up HEARTLESS then put it back down in favor of something else, but I am obviously giving it another shot. Not DNF level just yet!
    Total Pages Read This Month: 3,307 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 11,468 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 39
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 0

    Discussion Posts:
    • My current obsession has been The Great British Baking Show. Run off and enjoy the sugary goodness for yourselves!
    • Lately I've been seeing a lot of movies, so I introduced a new series called Movie Madness. The inaugural post featured a movie coming out in December that I'm really excited about despite the fact that it's flying under the radar. Learn about The Space Between Us here!
    • My blog suffered a lot this month because so much craziness has happened, so I did an untitled post explaining why I've been absent. TL;DR: We had to put my cat down and I was determined to enjoy every minute I had left with him. Hug your fur babies close for me. I'm still really upset about this.
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I haven't seen any shows this month because life got in the way. *sigh*
    TV:
    • Big Brother is still controlling my life. The cast this season just isn't great, but I am pulling for James. I also love Victor's double comeback and I am totally okay if El FitVic takes home the grand prize, too.
    • RuPaul's All Stars premiered this month and I am SO READY FOR IT! THIS SHOW IS GIVING ME LIFE. The winner of the week gets to choose who goes home? Roxxy Andrews may have made a fair decision the first week, but something tells me there's gonna be some major drama when a contestant takes a stab at a true threat and takes them out unexpectedly. This is guaranteed to be a sickening season.
    Movies: 
    • I saw Pete's Dragon in theaters and the floodgates definitely opened! This movie was so well done and it knows how to pull on the heartstrings. Plus it was awesome to see the guy who plays Bones in Star Trek in a different kind of role. I love him!
    • The original Guys and Dolls was on tv so my dad and I watched it together because he repeatedly exclaimed that it was one of the greatest movies ever. I saw the Broadway show in London, so while the plot was ruined for me, I loved it. Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando are an amazing pairing, though that should come as no surprise to anyone.

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    4/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • Beast by Brie Spangler
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    17/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
    • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi 
    • The Graces by Laure Eve
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
    • Arabella of Mars by David D. Levine
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson 
    • Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
    • Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
    • Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson 
    • The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    13/16 Completed
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
    • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 
    • The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy
    • Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer 
    • My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith
    • Beast by Brie Spangler
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    11/12 Completed
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    5/6 Completed
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    2/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
      • The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
        Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

        No comments:

        Post a Comment