If you've followed me for a while, you may have noticed that here and there I've been dropping hints about my Honors Thesis for Pace University. At my college, every Honors student is required to complete a thesis in order to graduate with honors. As an English major, I had two options: I could write a creative piece or do a research paper on a topic of my choosing. I chose the research paper because, yikes, I am no writer.
And what is that topic, you may ask?
Public Perception of Young Adult Literature
I'm not going to say anymore on the topic as I do not want to influence responses. I will say that all opinions are welcome, and I'm sure that this is something we all have an opinion about!
So, how can you help with my thesis? That's simple...answer a survey! A large portion of my actual thesis will be the analysis of survey results because my thesis is dealing with public perception, after all.
A few things I'd like to make clear before I give you the link:
- This is an anonymous survey. I never once ask for your name, income, or any other very personal details aside from your gender and age. I will know you by nothing more than a respondent number, and if I quote you directly in my thesis it will go something like, "Respondent 74 believes..."
- The first step of the survey is to indicate your age to take you to a proper consent form. Because this survey is for the general public, including minors, I had to create consent forms for adults and minors because it has the potential to be published and is required by the IRB board. After agreeing to the form, the survey's second part will build a simple profile of you (gender, age, industry, education level) and then the final part is all about reading habits and opinions about reading habits.
- As of now, I DO NOT plan on publishing my thesis. This is for personal reasons, though we never know what the future holds.
- This survey is for the general public. If you know anyone who has thoughts about young adult literature, be they good or bad, please take the link and share it with them! I am using my blog purely as a launching point. In fact, I'd love as many non-blogger responses as I can get to keep things as relevant to the general public as possible.
- As I am predicting most respondents to be above the age of 18, if you are a parent or guardian of a minor, please consider also giving them permission to take the survey as they are the "traditional" age range of young adult literature!
- The survey is about 20 questions long and should take no more than 10 minutes.
- ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME! This is a judgment free zone because, to be honest, I want the brutal truth. That's what will make my thesis most interesting and the results less skewed.
An advance thank you for taking the time out of your day to help me with this exploration. I think it's going to be really interesting!