The Beginning of the End


I hope that the ominous title of this post drew you in because what is to follow sure as heck is not as exciting as it may seem. You see, yesterday was the first day of my last semester of college.

Yes, while that seems awesome, there's a lot of stress to come...

I'm writing my thesis! More on that later since you, my lovely reader, will get the chance to be part of it if you wish. This is going to be stressful just because it's such a long paper to be completed in addition to the rest of my work, but I am hoping that the topic I chose will make it easier for me slog through it.

I'm taking my last 18 credits of classes...2 of which are graduate courses, 2 of which are also business courses (which challenge me a bit more than I care to admit sometimes), and one of my literature courses is with a professor that's pretty much unanimously hated by everyone that takes him because his favorite grades are D and C, so that's awesome. GPA, I am valiantly going to try to save you, but this knight may fall to that mighty dragon. A moment of silence for my 3.9 GPA please and thank you.


I am continuing to intern. I am so excited to continue into the Fall as the Tor Publicity intern! This gives me the opportunity to work in depth on campaigns like never before up until my graduation date...WHICH I NOW HAVE. December 21, 2016!! While I do not walk until May, that is my official end date to receive my diploma and it makes everything seem really real. Like, for reals.

And I'll also be continuing on at my on-campus job out of a sense of duty. I have gained so much confidence in myself thanks to being an on-campus tour guide that I want to end on a high note because of all that job has done for me.

Couple this in with the stress over the fact that I have chosen to put off pursuing a masters degree, the fact that the eventual job hunt will be on come the holidays, and some homey stress related stuff that I just don't want to talk about, and you got one super stressed out blogger.

So, naturally, this is the moment where I say Lili's Reflections is going to be going through some changes. I spent the summer doing my best to get ahead of the game with a ton of posts in advance so that the blog will never be inactive. I don't want my blog to die, you see, but I can't always keep up with reviews if I don't have the time to read. The blog is just going to be about whatever I want it to be about now in order to maintain it. While books will definitely continue to play a part, you'll see that television, movies, foodie thoughts, and random musings have slowly been incorporated into the blog or will be soon. In the same vain, with graduation growing so near and the real world looming, I do not know what the future for the blog will be past the end of the year what with a (hopeful) employer awaiting me with open arms.

Because of this, I just want to take a moment to warn my readers that the blog will be changing if you haven't noticed this already, and also give you all crazy hugs for sticking with me this far through the crazy show that has been my college experience. This semester is bound to be the busiest one yet, but I know I can always use my blog as an outlet for said stress, and to have you listen with open ears (or read with open eyes?) is such a breath of fresh air. 

So, thank you! Your smile is looking extra beautiful today.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck this semester!! I totally understand the stress of college :) You feel free to post whatever you want, you'll always have people reading your posts..including me!

    I am intrigued to hear what your thesis topic is going to be...not looking forward to when the time comes for me to have to write mine.

    And good luck on your job hunt! That can definitely be stressful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, good luck!! I just recently graduated from undergrad this past summer quarter, so I totally get how you're feeling! Definitely respect any changes your blog begins to go through... you're growing up and on, so shouldn't your corner of the Internet, too? :) Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything, Lili!! :)

    ReplyDelete