Throwing it Back with Music

While in London, there was a night where my fellow American friends and I took it upon ourselves to introduce our new European friends to all the music that made our childhood's so amazing. It was interesting just because a lot of music didn't make it across the bomb when we were freaking out about it in nostalgia. I mean, Sk8er Boi, anyone?!

Recently, while reminiscing with those friends, we started talking about this topic (and the craziness that later ensued that night) again. The nostalgia is real. So real, in fact, that I made a small compilation of some of these songs because I couldn't resist. Part of the reason we miss them is because the bands just aren't around anymore, you know? We don't really miss those that are still killin' the game. haha

Anyone else having major flash backs right now? Anyone else cringing while they look at all the outfits in these videos?


1. Just The Girl by The Click Five
I was just the girl they were looking for, obviously.

2. Fireflies by Owl City
I loved this song for being so weird, then I saw him live at a Z100 concert and he creeped me out after that.

3. Girl Next Door by Saving Jane
Guys. This is the original "You Belong With Me" and Taylor Swift totally took some inspo from this masterpiece.

4. Lips of an Angel by Hinder
We were all such rebels for loving this band and having no idea what this song was about, and then we started freaking out when Kellan Lutz was in one of their music videos because Twilight.

5. Bad Day by Daniel Powter
Doesn't this still apply today though?

6. Shake It by Metro Station 
Let's be real, we loved it because it was Miley Cyrus's and Mitchell Musso's older brothers and Hannah Montana was amazing and their hair was terrible.

7. Who Let The Dogs Out by The Baha Men
All I can remember is vacationing in the Bahamas and my sister asking every gift shop why they didn't carry this CD.

8. Collide - Howie Day
Remember, even the best fall down sometimes.

9. The Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup
We couldn't understand a single world and loved every minute of it. Is this song about ketchup? I actually just learned this title when I was googling "je ja hebe jebe" trying to figure out what it was. I have no idea how that worked, tbh.

10. Absolutely (Story of a Girl) by Nine Days
Not gonna lie, this song is still in my iTunes.

11. Stacey's Mom by Fountains of Wayne
Do I really need to say anything about this one? It couldn't not be on this list.

~*~*~

Sorry not sorry that I had way too much fun putting together this post because I had nothing else to do. I am just taking a serious stroll down memory lane right now, people! What are some of your favorite musical throwbacks?

2 comments: