October Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~

Firstly, I hope you had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! This month has been super crazy for me. I attended New York Comic Con, I had to find away around the fact that my train line that is currently out of commission, I took several midterms, I actually completed one of my classes early, I wrote, edited, and turned in the first ten pages of my thesis, I distributed and began analyzing my thesis survey, I got really sick, I fought a jury duty summons, I got a kitten and then freaked out when I found out said kitten got ringworm, I fasted for Yom Kippur and celebrated the Jewish New Year, did my first presentation of my last semester of college, experienced one of the worst group projects ever, celebrated my sister's 20th birthday, and somehow managed to read the occasional book or two while doing it. WHAT?! I need a time-turner! I am ready to DROP. The blog suffered a bit this month, but I hope it won't be the same in November. I see only five posts and cringe a little bit.

Books Reviewed:
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley - 2.5 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
44. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Hardcover: 465 pages)
45. The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine (ARC: 420 pages)
46. Secret Project #1 (386 pages)
47. Geekerella by Ashley Poston (ARC: 320 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None.
    Total Pages Read This Month: 1,591 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 14,790 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 47
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1

    Discussion Posts:
    • I talked about ten possibilities to help you handle those moments when ARCs attack.

    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I got to see Oh, Hello a few days ago thanks to my friend and I died of laughter! These two comedians kvetched their way to Broadway and I loved every minute of it.
    TV:
    • RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars has officially ended and while I think the person who won deserved to won, I'm a bit annoyed that other queens did not get the attention they deserved because this season was so geared towards the winner from day one. Can we talk about Phi Phi not showing up to the finale though!? GIRL.
    • Survivor is still on my radar and I am starting to enjoy the drama. Definitely favorites include Ken, Michaela, and Jay.
    • I started watching Dancing With The Stars at my aunt's prodding and this season is actually kind of amazing!
    • I re-watched Stranger Things with my aunt because she was too nervous to watch alone since she scares easy. It's just as amazing the second time around!
    Movies: 
    • I have done so much homework this month that I have actually managed to watch a lot of movies while doing said homework. It can't be October without watching Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown after all!

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    5/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • Beast by Brie Spangler 
    • Geekerella by Ashley Poston
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    21/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
    • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi 
    • The Graces by Laure Eve
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
    • Arabella of Mars by David D. Levine
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson 
    • Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
    • Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
    • Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson 
    • The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson 
    • The Shattered Lens by Brandon Sanderson
    • Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas 
    • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 
    • The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    16/16 Completed - Challenge completed in October 2016
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
    • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 
    • The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy
    • Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer 
    • My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith
    • Beast by Brie Spangler 
    • By Your Side by Kasie West
    • The Goal by Elle Kennedy 
    • Geekerella by Ashley Poston
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    16/12 Completed - Challenge completed in August 2016
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy 
    • Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Shattered Lens by Brandon Sanderson 
    • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    8/6 Completed - Challenge completed in September 2016
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith 
    • By Your Side by Kasie West
    • The Goal by Elle Kennedy
    • Geekerella by Ashley Poston
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    3/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
      • The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson 
      • The Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy
        Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

        No comments:

        Post a Comment