September Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~
September has been a crazy month for me, mostly because I started my last semester of college. I am working on my thesis and that's taking up a lot of my time, hence why I only managed to read four books this month and barely got any reviews up! My blog has definitely been diversifying itself content wise.  My internship is amazing though and I'm just really super content with where I am at in life. I can't believe I have to start adulting so soon.

Books Reviewed:
Beast by Brie Spangler - 4 stars

Books Read This Month:
I have challenged myself to read 75 books this year, let's see if I can! I'll be keeping track in this section.
40. The Shattered Lens by Brandon Sanderson (Hardcover: 336 pages)
41. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (Hardcover: 693 pages)
42. By Your Side by Kasie West (eARC: 352 pages)
43. The Goal by Elle Kennedy (eARC: 350 pages)
    DNF's of the month 
    1. None.
    Total Pages Read This Month: 1,731 pages
    Total Pages Read This Year: 13,199 pages
    Total Books Read This Year: 43
    Total Books DNF'd This Year: 1

    Discussion Posts:
    ~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

    Broadway Shows:
    • I haven't seen any shows this month because life got in the way. *sigh*
    TV:
    • Big Brother is over and I am kind of upset. I mean, yes, I am so happy that a girl won, but I think Paul deserved it more than Nicole.
    • RuPaul's All Stars has been happening and I LOVEEEEE it. They just need to give Alaska the crown already though.
    • Survivor has started and I am super fascinated by this whole Millenials v Gen X thing, but I think the millenials chosen definitely give some of us a bad rap. I mean, come on!
    • Big Brother: Over The Top has a terrible format and I gave up on it after episode one. Not a fan.
    Movies: 
    • School has been so busy I haven't watched a single movie! I know, blasphemy.

    ~*~Reading Challenges~*~

    Fairytale Retelling Challenge:
    4/10 Completed
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • Beast by Brie Spangler
    Flights of Fantasy Challenge:
    19/30 Completed 
    • Remembrance by Meg Cabot
    • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
    • Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery 
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
    • Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi 
    • The Graces by Laure Eve
    • Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige 
    • The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
    • Arabella of Mars by David D. Levine
    • Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
    • The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson 
    • Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
    • Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
    • Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson 
    • The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson 
    • The Shattered Lens by Brandon Sanderson
    • Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
    Contemporary Reading Challenge:
    15/16 Completed
    • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
    • When We Collided by Emery Lord
    • Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell 
    • Radio Silence by Alice Oseman 
    • The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy
    • Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer 
    • My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith
    • Beast by Brie Spangler 
    • By Your Side by Kasie West
    • The Goal by Elle Kennedy
    Backlist Books Challenge:
    15/12 Completed - Challenge completed in August 2016
    • Edward II by Christopher Marlowe
    • King Henry IV Part 1 by William Shakespeare 
    • The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
    • A Woman Killed with Kindness by Thomas Heywood
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
    • 'Tis Pity She's A Whore by John Ford
    • As You Like It by William Shakespeare
    • The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont
    • Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy 
    • Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson
    • The Shattered Lens by Brandon Sanderson
    Contemporary Romance Challenge:
    7/6 Completed - Challenge completed in September 2016
    • 738 Days by Stacey Kade
    • The Deal by Elle Kennedy
    • The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
    • The Score by Elle Kennedy 
    • Game On by Michelle Smith 
    • By Your Side by Kasie West
    • The Goal by Elle Kennedy
    Finishing The Series Challenge:
    3/7 Completed
      • The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
      • The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson 
      • The Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy
        Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

        No comments:

        Post a Comment