Waiting on Wednesday #80

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...
Windwitch by Susan Dennard

Publication Date: January 3, 2017
Publisher: Tor Teen
Reading Level: Young Adult
The follow-up to New York Times bestselling Truthwitch, next in a breathtaking YA fantasy series hailed by Alexandra Bracken as "a world you will want to inhabit forever."

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a "witchery," a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In this follow-up to New York Times bestselling Truthwitch, a shadow man haunts the Nubrevnan streets, leaving corpses in his wake—and then raising those corpses from the dead. Windwitch continues the tale of Merik—cunning privateer, prince, and windwitch.

Why I Am Waiting 

I cannot express to you my love of this book's predecessor, TRUTHWITCH. I waited in line for six hours at BEA for this book because I was so excited for it and had to guarantee myself a copy. The love is that real. I have been a fan of Susan's ever since she published her first book with HarperTeen, Something Strange and Deadly. In fact, Susan was my first ever picked up review on Edelweiss and even my first ever author signing. Forever a fan and super thankful of my current internship with this amazing publisher.

~*~*~

Are you equally as excited for this book as me? Is there another book you are even more excited about? Please share your thoughts with me below!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait for this either! I still need to read Truthwitch, lol! But I just feel as if I will love it anyway!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this series is my cup of tea, but YAY for it being right around the corner. Sort of :) Here's mine; http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/10/05/waiting-wednesday-dead-water/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I serious have no idea why I haven't read Truthwitch yet. I ADORED Susan's Something Strange and Deadly series---it's still one of my very favorites. I need to fix that soon so I can be excited for Windwitch, too! :D Great pick, Lili!

    ReplyDelete