Top Eleven Best Books That I Read in 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This is a rough list to make considering the fact that there is still 4 more days left in the year. And yes, it's just 4 days, but I can still manage to read some seriously life-changing books in 4 days! Anyway, of the books that I have read so far, these are my favorite.

In no particular order...

~*~*~

1. Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer- This book doesn't come out for a few months, but its placement on this list was a no-brainer for me. It was pure perfection. I wouldn't change a thing about this YA You've Got Mail except, you know, the fact that it ended.

2. By Your Side by Kasie West- Two teens get locked in a library in the middle of a snowstorm for a weekend. There's more to each than initially meets the eye. Yet another perfect contemporary from Kasie West.

3. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli- This is my first Alebrtalli, but it is so amazing! I related so hard to the Jewish mentions in the story, and I loved the beauty of a first kiss. I saw lot of my anxious not-small self in Molly, and this is a book I wish I had as a teenager.

4. Remembrance by Meg Cabot- This is the long-awaited adult sequel to a YA series I loved. It could have been absolutely terrible and I still would have loved every minute of it because of what it meant.

5. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo- I binged this duology (finally!) this year and loved every minute of it. Kaz is amazing and this cast of characters, and the surprise appearances from past cast, blew me away. I have one issue with CK and that's the fact that I felt like the end of one character's arc was completely unnecessary, but I just hope that means that this world will be revisited again one day.

6. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid- If you center a series around a character named Nemesis that is a robotic killing machine sent away to take down foreign governments, I'll probably read it.

7. Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson- This series is so meta and ahead of its time and I loved every minute of it. Read it! Love it! Bask in its amazingness. You will never stop laughing.

8. The Goal by Elle Kennedy- Again, another series I binged. It was like candy crack, so bad it was good. But then this last book came along--one I actually wasn't excited for because I didn't like the direction the series seemed to be going in, and it showed how much Kennedy grew as a writer. The best in the series if you ask me. Plus, swoony men and kickass girls. WOOOOOOO!

9. When We Collided by Emery Lord- Lord has a way with writing really intensely emotional stories. This is perhaps "darker" than her other ventures, but her exploration of mental health is very important.

10. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab- Okay, so this is a slightly fillery sequel, but Schwab is such an amazing writing that even a filler book is BOMB. Things pick up near the end and the character growth is great, as is the expansion of the cast.

11. Geekerella by Ashley Poston- So much geekiness. So much cute. So much Cinderella. One of my favorite fluffy retellings ever!

~*~*~

Do we have any top ten books in common? Which ones? Link below with your own Top 10s for me to add to my TBR!

2 comments:

  1. YAY Remembrance!!! I LOVED that one, though technically I read it last year! LOL! Crooked Kingdom was also incredible!! Great picks!!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get to Six of Crows in Jan! Great list!

    ReplyDelete