Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This is a rough list to make considering the fact that there is still 4 more days left in the year. And yes, it's just 4 days, but I can still manage to read some seriously life-changing books in 4 days! Anyway, of the books that I have read so far, these are my favorite.
In no particular order...
2. By Your Side by Kasie West- Two teens get locked in a library in the middle of a snowstorm for a weekend. There's more to each than initially meets the eye. Yet another perfect contemporary from Kasie West.
3. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli- This is my first Alebrtalli, but it is so amazing! I related so hard to the Jewish mentions in the story, and I loved the beauty of a first kiss. I saw lot of my anxious not-small self in Molly, and this is a book I wish I had as a teenager.
4. Remembrance by Meg Cabot- This is the long-awaited adult sequel to a YA series I loved. It could have been absolutely terrible and I still would have loved every minute of it because of what it meant.
5. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo- I binged this duology (finally!) this year and loved every minute of it. Kaz is amazing and this cast of characters, and the surprise appearances from past cast, blew me away. I have one issue with CK and that's the fact that I felt like the end of one character's arc was completely unnecessary, but I just hope that means that this world will be revisited again one day.
6. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid- If you center a series around a character named Nemesis that is a robotic killing machine sent away to take down foreign governments, I'll probably read it.
7. Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson- This series is so meta and ahead of its time and I loved every minute of it. Read it! Love it! Bask in its amazingness. You will never stop laughing.
8. The Goal by Elle Kennedy- Again, another series I binged. It was like candy crack, so bad it was good. But then this last book came along--one I actually wasn't excited for because I didn't like the direction the series seemed to be going in, and it showed how much Kennedy grew as a writer. The best in the series if you ask me. Plus, swoony men and kickass girls. WOOOOOOO!
9. When We Collided by Emery Lord- Lord has a way with writing really intensely emotional stories. This is perhaps "darker" than her other ventures, but her exploration of mental health is very important.
10. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab- Okay, so this is a slightly fillery sequel, but Schwab is such an amazing writing that even a filler book is BOMB. Things pick up near the end and the character growth is great, as is the expansion of the cast.
11. Geekerella by Ashley Poston- So much geekiness. So much cute. So much Cinderella. One of my favorite fluffy retellings ever!
Do we have any top ten books in common? Which ones? Link below with your own Top 10s for me to add to my TBR!