Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
As I write this post, I have only read 50.5 (working my way through CROOKED KINGDOM) books so far this year. Unfortunately, not a lot of them are from new authors. So I'm limited this to 5 because I can't say some of the new ones I have encountered are "top authors" worthy.
1. Elle Kennedy - I binged the first three books in the OFF CAMPUS series and then made grabby hands at the fourth and final one the second I could get it, which is probably my favorite of them all. Why did I wait so long to have Elle Kennedy in my life?! I need a sexy hockey player please.
2. John Corey Whaley - I read HIGHLY ILLOGICAL BEHAVIOR will studying abroad in London and loved absolutely every minute of it. I really want to read his backlist now.
3. Brandon Sanderson - The ALCATRAZ VS. THE EVIL LIBRARIANS series is one of the first major projects I did for my internship at Tor. I have picked up many of his books with the intention of just sitting down and bingeing the heck out of them, but these got to me first. If you want a hilarious and totally meta middle grade series that was ahead of its time, hunt these down!
4. Justine Larbalestier - I read MY SISTER ROSA on a friend's recommendation, not knowing how I would feel about a 10 year old psychopath. Turns out I love them. I have been aware of Larbalestier for a while, but
her books have never appealed to me. Until now!
5. Alice Oseman - I also read RADIO SILENCE at the recommendation of several of my friends in London during my time there, and loved it for all its uniqueness and differences from American publishing. Now it is on its way here, and I am excited to see it fall into the hands of even more readers!
Have you read any of these authors? What do you recommend from their backlist? If not, do you WANT to read them soon? Comment below with your own posts so I can check them out for inspiration! <3