Top Ten Literary Names I'd Use For A Cat

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Does anyone else have the terrible habit of drafting posts and then forgetting to post them because you never fine-tuned them? Well, that's me. I found this post back in October in my drafts section and I love it, so I am posting it late because why not?!

Ladies and gentleman, prepare for some serious intensity because I recently got a new cat and in the process of naming her thought long and hard about literary possibilities.

So, this is a list of 10 different literary works that can inspire cat names.

In case you're wondering, my fur baby is named Charlotte, Charlie for short, from Charlotte's Web. :)

~*~*~

1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- If I had a black cat, I would name it Padfoot in a heartbeat, just as I would name a ginger cat Weasley. There's also the whole humans with animal names so I'd seriously consider Fred here. But, of course, we have to give a nod to Crookshanks. I mean, just imagine it: Crooky, Crooky, Crooky. Here, Crooky, Crooky, Crooky. Also, Luna is an awesome cat's name, but I already used it for one of my others!

2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- Most of the names in this series are too complicated for a cat, but I love the idea of naming a kitty Rowan. I also like the name Manon, but it strikes me as more of a dog name for some reason.

3. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote- The name of Holly Golightly's cat is Cat. I don't know if I ever actually could do this to a kitty, but I know I want to do this to a kitty. haha

4. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll- I would hands down name the proper mischievous fur baby Cheshire if I feel they are feisty enough to handle the name. Come 'ere, Chess!

5. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis- Aslan is a strong and powerful name for a strong man of the house cat. FOR NARNIAAAAAA!!!!! *jumps into a tree* *runs into a wall* *eats a bug*

6. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta- I seriously considered the name Finnikin for a male cat, Finn for short, but I ended up with a female and I just didn't think that would work!

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- I love animals with human names as mentioned before, so I would happily name a cat Max after one of my favorite characters ever. It's just, you know, weird that this is the name of one of my best friends, and one of my cousins, and 3 of my friend's dogs...

8. The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter- So, I wouldn't really name the cat a name from the work, but I'd happily give a cat a name as awesomely awesome as Beatrix. Trix or Trixie for short? Bea for short?

9. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab- The author is well aware of the fact that Delilah is the perfect name for a female cat because they're so mischievous. In fact, Charlie was almost a Delilah. And I'm sure V is doubly as well aware that any male gray cat HAS to be named Holland. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- Mr. Darcy would be such a great name for a male cat to which I can angrily say, "Come here, Mister!" I think Darcy alone for a female cat is even cooler though. I just love the name, don't you? Or, for a boy cat, Fitz would be pretty great, too.


~*~*~

Do you have any cool names for animals that are from literary works? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment